Thursday, October 15, 2009

Reusable bags


I like using my reusable bags when I go into the grocery store. If I remember, I will take them into every store I plan on making a purchase at. There are some stores that will give you a small discount for each reusable bag that you use. The most recent store that I know of is Super Target and they are now giving a $0.05 discount for each reusable bag that you use when you shop there. It may not sound like much but every penny adds up!

A little over a year ago I got some great cotton bags that I love from Macy's. They are perfect. They are the perfect size, have a long enough handle so that you can carry it over your shoulder and they also have a square bottom so they sit well in the back of my car. I use these bags at the store and then once I have unloaded my purchased items at home I put the bags back in my car for the next shopping trip.

For some people the issue is remembering to bring the bag into the store to use in the first place. That is why I thought these little bags I found were great. Eddie Bauer has a tote bag in a pouch that can be clipped on your keychain. It seems to fold up into a small pouch-like compartment like some raincoats. Once you unzip it the pouch is then on the outside of the bag where you could put your keys while shopping. It can easily be folded/rolled back up into the pouch too. I thought these were a great idea and could make a great stocking-stuffer for family members this year. :)